Friday 27 April 2007

Hush!

I have a secret. A secret, I’ve long decided, that I will never share with another soul. A secret, if shared, I’m afraid will be the end of the world as I know it.

A secret, in recent times, I’ve long to break. And yet at the precise moment that I loose my integrity, I thank god, I refrain.

This, I believe, is due to my belief that every man should have his secrets. Only then will one truly live. For a truly unique life is defined by its secrets.

Keeping a secret gives one a satisfaction of knowing something others do not. Something we can hold onto. Something another can never take away. Something I truly appreciate in life.

But to keep a secret is no menial feat. As secrets, like sentient beings, has its own life.

When a secret is first conceived, it is much similar to a newborn child. New secrets are rash, totally incomprehensible & eager to announce its arrival to the world.

And slowly but surely, as time passes, and as sure as a child would grow, our secrets gets older. They then tend to be more docile, less adventurous & often forgetful. In some humorous instances, they even forget themselves.

It is up to us to keep our secrets healthy as we do with our physique. Ah, but one must beware, as just as much as we are our own worst enemy, we too are the worst enemy of our secrets.

Many times too often, we let loose our tongue & bring swift death to our precious little secrets. And like most things we treasure, we do not realize the extensiveness of their value till they are gone forever. Like life, once it’s gone, it’s never coming back.

So my friends, treasure your secrets. Be a friend to them & somewhere down the road they may prove to be the little things that gets us through.

I’ve vowed to love my secret to the bone. I will cherish her till the very last second. The END?

No comments: